s o u t h e a s t a s i a

| home |

| africa | america | asia | east asia | europe | oceania | SOUTH EAST ASIA |

| commemorative | hybrid | polymer | australia |

| a | b | c | d | e | f | g | h | i | j | k | l | m | n | o | p | q | r | s | t | u | v | w | x | y | z |


Looking for: Singapore $100 with two triangles. Please contact me if you have any spares. Thanks

Singapore $2 Millennium Issue Folder Notes

Two Dollars, ND8.12.1999 P45
From Silver Folder - The New Millennium
From Maroon Folder - The Millennium Dragon
Reverse
The New Millennium Folder
The Millennium Dragon Folder (Chinese character = "Dragon")
The above commemorative sets were issued by the Board of Commissioners of Currency, Singapore (now Monetary Authority of Singapore or MAS) to commemorate the year 2000. These limited edition S$2.00 notes, featuring the millennium logo, was exclusively packaged and distributed by United Overseas Bank in Singapore at S$12.50 per folder (3 notes). Three million notes issued.

View all year 2000 millennium banknotes issued


Appreciate it if you please let me know if you find any broken links. Some of the images here were scanned with 100 dpi. These were done a long time ago, however I am not going to redo them again. Those latest scans are all done with 300 dpi.

4 comments:

  1. Hi there, Ive got this 2 set of Millennium folder $2 notes you feature here, I just wana know how much it is worth now if i were to sell it to collectors, maybe to you if you are interested?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Frankie

    Welcome to my site.

    The original issue was S$12 each pre folder (approx. US$9.65). About 2 years ago, I was in Singapore and I saw a dealer selling them for S$24 for the set. I can't remember if the set comes with the hard cover or not. I am not sure if this is still the asking price either. In my opinion there is no shortage in supply for this note. Collectors in Singapore may disagree with me on this. Thanks for your offer, but I already have these notes for my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, do you know which folders were manufactured? is it an official Board of Commissioners of Currency folder? or is a private folder issue? thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Raul,

      Thanks for visiting my site. Both folders were official issues of the BCCS and were distributed by United Overseas Bank in Singapore. These are hard folder covers in maroon and silver colours.

      Delete