75th Anniversary of Ateneo Law School 1936-2011
One Hundred Piso,
|Dated 2011 PNL|
The Ateneo de Manila opened its Law School on June 6, 1936, with Manuel Lim as the first Dean. The school was closed temporary in 1941 as a result of the outbreak of the Second World War. The destruction of its buildings during the battle for the liberation of Manila delayed the resumption of classes after the war. In 1948, the Ateneo Law School was reopened and since then the school has produced several bar topnotchers, jurists, legislators, academicians and noted legal practitioners. In 2011, the school celebrated it's Diamond Anniversary and as such, this note was issued to celebrate this very special occasion.